|>||RDA data web download, subset, and format conversion request processing services continue to be unavailable due to ongoing maintenance of the data storage system. Please use the Globus Download option to transfer files from completed online data requests and to attempt to transfer files from dataset archives. There is currently no ETA on when the data storage system will return to production. We will provide any updates on our blog page if new information becomes available.|
Please contact us at any time if you have questions or would like help with finding data for your research needs.
The process of narrowing your list of datasets is a "drill-down" process. Each choice you make gives you datasets that match that choice, but only if they have matched all of your previous choices. This allows you to narrow an initially large list of datasets down to a manageable list of datasets that you can investigate further for your research needs. You can see all of the choices you have made in the orange bar at the top of your list. You can revert the list back to any of your previous choices by clicking the links in the orange bar.
The following explains the meanings of the narrowing options in the "Look for Data" menu:
• Time Resolution
• Data Type
• Grid: Data are arranged in a regularly-spaced array of gridpoints (e.g. - output from a computer model, station data that have been interpolated to a grid, etc.)
• Location: Catalog information about observing platforms (ID, latitude, longitude, elevation, etc.)
• Log Entry:
• Platform Observation: Generally, in-situ observations made by some type of platform (e.g. - observations from a land station or ship, etc.), but may also include observations derived from a remote sensor (e.g. - a vertical profile of temperature at a specific location derived from satellite data)
• Radar: Reflectivity scans from a radar
• Satellite: Radiances, either as an image or orbital scan lines, from a satellite
• Data Format
• Free Text